Saturday, August 15, 2009

Getting Back on the Blog

I know that I have been a slacker, but between the mini vaca at my sister's house and my husbands baby mama drama, I have been a little stressed.

As for the baby mama drama, Samm called us and we are now taking action according to what Samm wants. It is just so hard to trust a judge, who knows nothing about what is going on to make a desicion on what should take place. I just hope they talk with her and get where she is coming from and what she wants. I know that judges need to make sure that the child is not playing games, but this is the first and only time Samm has called us and said she was done dealing with her mom's verbal abuse. Here is hoping we get good news on Monday.

Everything else is just peachy. School starts for the girls on Wednesday the 19th. I have been trying to get them to bed earlier and up earlier so it is not a shock when they have to wake up at 7am. They seem to be doing good, just a couple of whines here and there, but overall not a problem. I am going to do better about making them eat breakfast this year. Ariel especially is not a big breakfast person and most of the time says she isn't even hungry. I just know that she is going to have to be on top of her game this year as we made the decision that she willb e going into the 4th grade. So she pretty much skipped 2nd grade, but still has a bit of catch up to do in language arts, but I really don't see a problem. She is a very hard worker and I have faith that she will accel. Alexya is going into 2nd grade and is right where she should be. I will have to kick her in the butt a bit to make sure she is understanding everything as the teachers don't really do a good job of that. Speaking of school I think I will head down there today to see if I can find out what classes they are in. Well TTFN :o)

1 comment:

Cyn said...

I didn't realize the issue was Samm. She's old enough that I really do think they will take her desires into account.

Sounds like things are going well for the transfer!

Good luck getting the kids in bed. Mine head back tomorrow and are currently still up at 10:12.