Monday, August 18, 2008

Brief, but me in a nutshell

I am glad to have a place to put my thoughts on life, cause they matter, right? Well, to start off I am a 26 year old with a whole lot of life yet to live and a whole lot to live for. I am a mother, wife, sister, daughter, student, and surrogate. I am currently a senior at Chico state and ready to start my second journey as a surrogate (more to come about that later).

Some of my trials as of late have been dealing with the emotions that come after having a baby. I am not sad that I do not have the baby, as she is making her parents happy to be alive, but dealing with all the hormones that rage after having a baby. I guess I really never noticed it before with my own because I was soooooo tired from taking care of them to realize wy own emotions. I have about 6 days before I go back to school and have been crying to my husband that I want to quit. Now I know that I only have a year left, but it seems so far away. I called the rest of my family to cry in their ears and low and behold they told me the same thing my husband told me, "You are so close, don't just give up". And my husband added that I can't because he said so. So off to college I go for the last 2 semesters. I hope they pass by fast with all the whirl of life and surrogacy. Hopefully the hormones die off and soon I will be back to my old self to just start this all over again.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Nothing really prepares you for the hormone rush after the delivery. I always thought it was just sleep deprivation,it turns out it's the hormones. Hang in there, they do settle down soon.

Good luck on Monday! You'll do great! It takes so much strength to go back to school and stick with it.