Friday, September 19, 2008

Long Time Coming

So I guess some background is needed. My daughter, Ariel, was born on December 5, 2000 and if you are a parent you know that is 5 days past the cut-off date for starting kindergarten (in public schools). Well Ariel went to 2 years of preschool so by the time she reached kindergarten she really knew everything they were going to teach her. We met with her teacher and the principal (which I cannot stand) and he said that we should be happy she is so advanced and to not let her go above what she is learning, yeah stupid idiot. So when she entered first grade we thought, OK she will be fine, well when we got her first report card she was already ahead of the benchmark that you need to be at when you graduate first grade. So she started her going to second grade math and first grade everything else. Well this year we start out the same, her being ahead of most all the things she needs to know and because of the budget not passing (oh that is another rant) they didn't get a new math curriculum. So after talking it over with my husband, he decided to call the principal and do something about it. Amazingly they said OK we'll put her in third grade, bumping her up (something I have been trying to get them to do for 2 years). I have to say that I should have just had my husband call in the very beginning, I just thought that I should handle it.

I have to say that I am actually feeling really good about the diet thing now. I really feel like I can get down to 180 (or even lower) by February. I also got this work-out set from my secret sister (a surrogate website thing). It is from this guy named Tony Horton, apparently he is really good at what he does. Also I found that I really like most of the Kashi products. I also found that when I don't think about what I can and can't eat it seems to be much easier, eating. Well I guess I should get back to school work as it is a never ending study session. Also we have a very busy weekend of soccer and working out. Hope everyone has a great weekend :o)

No comments: