Tuesday, November 25, 2008

To Good To Be True

So you know that old saying. Well I was pretty frustrated all day when I had gotten the policy from Anthem. The send the policy as well as the application that was filled out online. When I was submitting it I was talking to someone on the phone and she walked me through the last parts. Well when I had gotten the printed application the one (and only) question that I know I marked yes on was marked no. This was the question regarding if I was currently pregnant, or in the process of adoption or surrogacy. I know better then to falsify anything when it comes to insurance so I know I marked yes. I thought that it had taken so long because of the fact of that question being marked yes, but in fact they are just slow as molasses for a perfect policy. I then faxed over the paperwork to get that answer changed and now the waiting begins again. I know that is the surrogacy world there is a lot of waiting, but come on already. Have I mentioned that I really hate insurance companies.

On the Thanksgiving note, I am really having a hard time. My sister wanted me to come down there (to Murrieta) which is an 11 hour drive from my house. I really did want to go, but not have to make the drive by myself. Well my mom couldn't change her plans around to allow all of us to go together, so here I sit. I talked with my dad and had no problem going there, until I found out that he is just inviting anyone and everyone. To me Thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have and being surrounded by the one's you are close to. Well now I am not sure what I want to do. I feel that if I stand my ground about not wanting to be around these people that my dad has invited I will be the bad guy. I know that keeping the peace is important as I live on the same property as him, but when is enough, enough. This has been an ongoing battle with my father pretty much my whole life. I am jsut thinking about my little family of 5 making dinner for ourselves. Samm loves to cook and would probably love it. Well I have a couple more days to think about it.

No comments: